Apex Seed Coating
The Leader in Legumes
Apex™ seed coating is a scientifically formulated package of minerals and carefully selected strains of rhizobia bacteria, which take the form of a virtually dust–free coating which is specifically designed for legume seeds. Over many years of exhaustive testing at University and industrial trials, it has shown a consistent ability to convert a higher percentage of legume seed to viable seedlings, as compared to uncoated seed. While uncoated seed performs well under ideal field conditions, only Apex seed coating performs well under all field conditions. This translates to enhanced value and efficiency to the farmer. While virtually any legume seed benefits from Apex Seed Coating, it’s primarily used to coat alfalfa and clover seed.
Print Marketing Kit
- Specially formulated Chemicals and Additives
- Protected Seed Germination Zone
- Increases Survivability 50% or More
- University and Field tested
- High Concentration of Rhizobia Bacteria
- Ensures Nodulation
- Improved Seedling Emergence
- More Uniform Stands
Potential for Highest Yields
Apex Seed Coating vs Raw or Pre-inoculated Seed
- The coating material surrounds each seed with a rich concentration of specifically isolated strains of rhizobia to insure nodulation.
- The coating material due to its’ added bulk is able to hold larger numbers of rhizobia and increase their survivability due to the special properties of the coating material.
- The coating material protects the rhizobia from damage by fertilizer salts for longer periods than other methods in order to mix seed and fertilizer and broadcast them together.
- The added weight and density increase the uniformity and distance that seed can be spread with a spin type seeder.
- The hygroscopic qualities of the coating material pull moisture to the seed and are especially beneficial in dry soils and shallow planted seed.
- The coating provides a micro-environment for quick growth of the rhizobia by putting calcium carbonate and other growth encouraging materials in the coating.
- The coating can increase yields by assisting with quick nodulation and providing specific strains of rhizobium for maximum efficiency.
- The specific coating properties of Apex seed coating aid in ensuring seedling emergence, survival and uniform stands.
- The additional surviving plants from Apex coated seed more than offsets the seed loss from the weight gain of the coating material.